Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick with Windowmaker
Forget wasting time on other window managers. There are plenty of other distros with other alternatives.
I know. I have tried over 100 other distros.
Liquid Lemur would be one of the only ones to specialize in Window maker.
ONE caveat: Could you have the Alt-F2 key bring up the "Run Application-Application Finder" directly out of the box? With a lot of windows open itś tough to find an empty spot on the desktop to Right-click on to bring up another application.
Just my opinion, of course.
With the ApeMan patch the alpha runs fine for me.
Why Keepassx instead of KeepassXC?
A Liquid Lemur fan since the Palemoon days & when Ed was selling hardware as well.  Great to be back
Formerly used Saline & DreamLinux as my main distros. Now it's bluestar & Siduction while I see how Lemur pans out.
i5 8GB RAM 3 HD 30 distros including Solus
(05-21-2018, 08:58 PM)LarryDC Wrote: Forget wasting time on other window managers. There are plenty of other distros with other alternatives.
I know. I have tried over 100 other distros.
Liquid Lemur would be one of the only ones to specialize in Window maker.

Yeah, I agree. But the Xfce Lemur was the most popular back in the old Lemur days and people are already asking about it. lol I wouldn't do another Xfce Lemur though. I know the Hybrid Window Maker layout might scare a few off, but it really provides options for both sides of the fence (Xfce and Window Maker). Although it does need work still.

Quote:ONE caveat: Could you have the Alt-F2 key bring up the "Run Application-Application Finder" directly out of the box? With a lot of windows open itś tough to find an empty spot on the desktop to Right-click on to bring up another application.

Just my opinion, of course.

Yes, I can add that. Big Grin

Quote:With the ApeMan patch the alpha runs fine for me.

Good to know! APEman is getting a major overhaul for the next release.

Quote:Why Keepassx instead of KeepassXC?

Good question! To be honest, I didn't even pay attention to which one got installed during the build. I'll update it to KeepassXC next release. Thanks for catching it!