It has been a long time coming, but Liquid Lemur Linux 4.0 has been released! I’ll get the forums back online in the next day or two…
Lemur 4 still comes in the pre-morphed state. I planned to release it in the default Window Maker layout. However, after updating to Debian 10 (Buster) a lot of the Window Maker apps refused to work. So until I can find the issue, Lemur will remain pre-morphed.
The Lemur 4 base has been updated to Debian 10 (Buster), which includes a newer kernel.
All the patches / fixes from Lemur 3.1 through 3.4 have been applied.
APEman (aka: Lemur Control) has issues. The Morpher / Themer tools are not working correctly. Other functions are affected as well. I am working to code a new Lemur Control app so I didn’t put much into fixing APEman.
Pretty much all of the custom Lemur apps are pulled from Lemur 3.x, since I lost almost all of the Lemur files in a freak hard drive disaster. All custom apps are being re-coded and should be in the next release of Lemur.
From the readme.txt file…
This release is a continuation of the Hybrid Window Maker Lemur. While it is stable, it’s not complete. I really wanted to wait, but felt I should get this one out in the wild and get some feedback on what has been done so far. Please note, there are bits of this release that are experimental.
This release is pre-Morphed into the Hybrid-Light morph. If you prefer the traditional Window Maker layout, then edit the Window Maker config files. The Morpher tool in APEman is currently not working.
Below is a short known issues list (check the forums for more details):
Liquid Lemur Linux 4.0.0-a1 KNOWN-ISSUES:
- Not all custom apps are fully functional.
- User's Guide is still a work in progress.
- APEman (aka: Lemur Control) is in serious need of updating. Many things are not working properly.
- Hibernate only seems to work under the Liquorix kernels (at least on my laptop).
- Save session wasn't working correctly, so it's disabled for now (Sessions can be saved via the Window Maker menu, prior to running LEMUR-QUIT.).
- The welcome app can be buggy. So, I'm working on a new one.
- Morpher / Themer are not working.
- Some functions are not complete. Use with caution. :P
- Add-ons and Editions are outdated. They will be updated next release of APEman.
- Currently only fully localized in English (will be fixed next release).